Skip to main content
How Can Parents Help Their Children Be Successful In An Online School Environment?
- Stick to the schedule - include free time, extra activities, work, etc. Write the schedule out so it is easier to follow.
- Dedicate a space for working on school and limit distractions.
- Be flexible.
- Understand the school's policies.
- Ask questions! Do not be afraid to ask the staff at the school questions you have in order to help your student be successful!
- Find other parents and discuss what works for them/their student.
- Check state law regarding homeschool and graduation requirements.
- Work with the academic adviser/school counselor to discuss course options and a plan of study.
- Have students take career inventories and develop goals for after high school to help with course planning.
- Ask the school staff for specific support for topics/skills where your student may need extra help.
Helping Children With Social & Emotional Health
- Keep them connected - Find opportunities for safe interaction with peers.
- Utilize school counseling staff.
- Communicate with your child.
- Books, apps, and games can help get the conversation started.
- Practice a healthy lifestyle.
- Get adequate sleep.
- Understand risk factors.
- Reach out to professionals if you are concerned with your child's behavior.