North Dakota Center for Distance Education (NDCDE) has partnered with Mayville State University to provide students with the possibility to earn high school and college credit in the same course. The table below lists the current course offerings, credit, and cost. All NDCDE dual credit courses will officially appear on a Mayville State University transcript.
- For College Algebra: ACT* math subtest score of 21 or greater
- For College Composition I: ACT* subtest score of 18 or greater
- For College Composition II: completion of ENGL 110 or equivalent with a C or higher, or ACT subtest score of 27 or greater***
- Introduction to Education: Limited to juniors and seniors; minimum GPA of 3.0 or by recommendation of a teacher, counselor, or principal
* Students in need of placement testing for MATH or ENGL courses for credit with Mayville State University may alternatively submit Accuplacer scores. If testing is needed, please contact Emily Kaasa at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-788-4763 to arrange for testing through Mayville State with Emily, either on campus or over Zoom.
** An ACT math subtest score of 28 or greater will be recorded as MATH 103, graded as Satisfactory, on the Mayville State University transcript upon request to email@example.com.
*** An ACT English subtest score of 27 or greater will be recorded as ENGL 110, graded as Satisfactory, on the Mayville State University transcript upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring 2024 Courses
- NDCDE and MaSU are pleased to offer the following courses for Spring 2024
- College Algebra, Math 103
- Composition I, English 110
- Composition II, English 120
- Introduction to Education, Education 250
- Introduction to Sociology, Sociology 110
- Trigonometry, Math 105
- Spring 2024 Semester Dates
- Beginning Course Dates: January 8th, 2024
- Deadline for enrollment: January 17th, 2024
- End of course: May 10th, 2024
- Grades due: May 14th. 2024
Registration for spring courses is currently open through January 17, 2024. To apply for enrollment in dual credit courses, visit: Dual Credit Inquiry Form
If you know you will be applying to the BND for dual credit assistance, please contact the Admissions Office at Mayville State University (MaSU) prior to filling out the MaSU admissions application. MaSU will provide you with important information you may need as you apply for admissions with them. The Admissions Office may be reached by calling 1-800-437-4104, ext. 34763.
The Bank of ND will potentially cover the cost of up to two college courses for those students/families that meet the income eligibility guidelines and provide documentation. For more information please visit: https://bnd.nd.gov/forms/