North Dakota Center for Distance Education (NDCDE) has partnered with Mayville State University to provide students with the possibility to earn high school and college credit in the same course. The table below lists the current course offerings, credit, and cost. All NDCDE dual credit courses will officially appear on a Mayville State University transcript.
- For College Algebra: ACT* math subtest score of 21 or greater
- For Trigonometry: completion of MATH 103 or equivalent with a “C” or higher, or ACT math subtest score of 28 or greater**
- For College Composition I: ACT* subtest score of 18 or greater
- For College Composition II: completion of ENGL 110 or equivalent with a “C” or higher, or ACT subtest score of 27 or greater***
* Students in need of placement testing for MATH or ENGL courses for credit with Mayville State University may alternatively submit Accuplacer scores. If testing is needed, please contact Katie Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701.788.4675 to arrange for testing through Mayville State with Katie, either on campus or over Zoom.
** An ACT math subtest score of 28 or greater will be recorded as MATH 103, graded as Satisfactory, on the student’s Mayville State University transcript upon request to email@example.com.
*** An ACT English subtest score of 27 or greater will be recorded as ENGL 110, graded as Satisfactory, on the student’s Mayville State University transcript upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NDCDE Dual Credit courses must follow Mayville State University's calendar:
- Fall 2021 Semester
- Beginning Course Dates: August 23rd, 2021
- Enrollment deadline: September 1st, 2021
- End of course: December 15th, 2021
- Spring 2022 Semester
- Beginning Course Dates: January 10th, 2022
- Deadline for enrollment: January 19th, 2022
- End of course: May 12th, 2022
- Fall 2021 Semester
|Course||College Credit||High School Credit||Cost|
|English 110 College Composition I||3||.5||$428.28|
|English 120 College Composition II||3||.5||$428.28|
|MATH 103 College Algebra||3||.5||$428.28|
|MATH 105 Trigonometry||2||.5||$285.52|
|BIOL 150 General Biology I (with Lab)||4||.5||$571.04|
|BIOL 151 General Biology II (with Lab)||4||.5||$571.04|
|BIOL 220 Anatomy & Physiology I (without Lab)||3||.5||$428.28|
|BIOL 221 Anatomy & Physiology II (without Lab)||3||.5||$428.28|
|EDUC 105 Principles of Education and Training||3||.5||$428.28|
|SOC 110 Introduction to Sociology||3||.5||$428.28|
|PSYC 111 Introduction to Psychology||3||.5||$428.28|
If you know you will be applying to the BND for dual credit assistance, please contact the Office of Extended Learning at Mayville State University (MaSU) prior to filling out the MaSU admissions application. MaSU will provide you with important information you may need as you apply for admissions with them. The Office of Extended Learning may be reached at email@example.com or by calling 1-800-437-4104, ext. 34667.
The Bank of ND will potentially cover the cost of up to two college courses for those students/families that meet the income eligibility guidelines and provide documentation. For more information please visit: https://bnd.nd.gov/forms/